Friday, November 06, 2009

Some books that one should read in order to appreciate mobile banking

Peter, one of our senior solution consultants sent me the following quote:

"Overcoming poverty is not a task of charity, it is an act of justice. Like Slavery and Apartheid, poverty is not natural. It is man-made and it can be overcome and eradicated by the actions of human beings. Sometimes it falls on a generation to be great. YOU can be that great generation. Let your greatness blossom."

— Nelson Mandela


This really resonate with me. This is what I would want to work on and what I believe mobile banking can change. I found two books worthwhile reading with similar messages:
  • "Portfolios of the Poor" is a great book describing the complexities of managing money if you are poor. The book looks at the many different instruments that poor people use to manage their financial world. (Read here)
  • In "You can hear me now", Nick Sullivan talks about his experiences in poor countries and also the effect of cellphones on the wealth of people (Read here)
I am looking forward to hearing about other books that is a must read for us that are passionate about using mobile phones to better the lifes of billions.

No comments: