In the article the following valuations/transactions are quoted as red flags:
- The growth in eBay's value on the announcement of the deal between Discover and Paypal.
- Square's implied valuation of $3.25B after recent fund-raising
- Starbucks valuation on the back of mobile payment announcements.
- iZettle raises $31.4M dollar Series B funding (Read here).
- Paynearme (a start-up mobile payments company) raises $16M (Read here).
- Braintree (a supplier of payment services - including mobile payments, to start-ups) recently raised $35M (Read here).
- Paydiant (a start-up providing a white-label solution to banks) raised Series B funding of $12M (Read here)
- Monitise confirming that they are in talks to raise £100M (Read here).