In addition to all of the above, a number of other factors make Pakistan an ideal market for the growth of mobile banking. These factors are the following:
- A well-developed and balanced guideline to the development of branchless banking by the Pakistan Central bank exist. This guideline was published pro-actively and is state-of-the-art regulations that will support mobile banking development well.
- A good mix of well-run local banks as well as international banks are present in Pakistan. Most banks have good management and are well funded. In an environment that is becoming more and more competitive, banks will be looking at ways to compete and develop unique selling points.
- The five mobile operators are innovative and aggressive. All of them are backed by strong international shareholders with access to good international practices as well as resources.
- A clear need exist with a large portion of the population dependent on international money remittances or running SMME businesses.
- Excellent (and sometimes unique) inter-bank settlement and clearing systems with a growing ATM and POS network.