- Arctic Website Hosting - I think they were acquired by some-one, but am not sure what happened to them
- Macalla - Neill and his partners are still going strong
- Mobile Magic from Finland - I don't know what happened to them
- Brokat - remember the big collapse, then the Ecorus story and then the purchase of the assets by First Data?
- Siemens - I think Siemens was re-selling Brokat solutions then (They also had a small stake in Brokat if I remember correctly)
- Cellpay - This is the Israel-based company, also known as Adamtech. They closed down.
- Trivnet - Still around. I think they are now doing well after some difficult years.
- Digital Rum - Diversified and now selling different products
- ACI - I am not sure if they ever were very active in the space, but I viewed them as competitor in 2001.
- Elata - Company based in England. I am not sure what happened to them
- Sicap - One of the first solutions based on USSD technology. I am also not sure what happened here
- Vallista - What happened to Vallista? I have not heard from them for some time now.
Friday, March 20, 2009
A day in the history
I stumbled on an old document on my hard drive that I wrote in 2001. It was named "Fundamo competitors". I found it interesting to see who I rated as the players then and to think what became ofthem. Below is a list of companies that I viewed as competitors in 2002: